Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ordover Gallery/Solana beach




Iwent to the Ordover Gallery in Solana beach and it was artists that did fine art and there were so many artists displayed. I loved to see all the artwork. Usually I am used to seeing more work such as the when I go to the museum of contemporary art in La Jolla because of the contemporary art installations, but I really also enjoy looking at other people's photography because it just gives me different angles, lighting and perspectives to think about when I am out photographing things. This semester has been my first ever taking photos and I think I have so much to learn and at this point, other people's work really inspires me and makes me want to try ideas and techinques that they have mastered. I have so much to learn, but I think going to these museums and just experiencing different viewpoints on what photography can look like is something that I think every person just learning should really consider doing. one of my favorite was one of them called gasoline by abe ordover. I love this concept because it reminded me of past experiences as a child when I saw oil, gasoline, or substances that didn't mix right and you could see all the colors and it intrigued me then and it still is a pretty sight to see. It's like he's captured a rainbow in water with the effects in his work. I don't know if he put filters on his work or not, but I love the way the colors are brilliant. Besides that, this gallery was smaller than expected, but great in it's own way. ( I still like the musuems in Balboa park....WAY more ) The other picture shown is also by abe Ordover is one of his that is of lake powell.

No comments:

Post a Comment