Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ordover Gallery/Natural History Museum/Balboa


When I went to Ordover Galley in Balboa, it was amazing to see all the work and the amazing shots that some photographers were able to get. It was all about Baja, California and included so many photos that you would never have expected. The digital photogrpahers in this exhibit showed many sides of that area that I had never seen before. When I walked in, it was amazing, but when I left I felt inspired to go out and shoot some photos and want to know more about my camera and what it could do and I could do to get so much more out of my pictures. One person that really inspired me was flip nicklin, because of the vibrance of the photos and the amazing sea life pictures we shot. What I loved too about his work is that light shines through water and it's always pretty to see, but the way the light shines through and bounces off his subjects, such as the dolphins is just something that only a true photographer would capture because i'm sure it took a million "okay" pictures to get some the truly breathtaking photos he has today. I've always been afraid of things such as scuba diving, and underwater life, but he makes you think twice about what's really under the water and the beauty that we are missing when we don't explore. When I got home, I looked up some of his images, because I was so amazed by his work, but my favorite was his photos of dolphins. (Bottlenose dolpins, in Hawaii)

1 comment: