Sunday, November 29, 2009

Jo Whaley/Musuem of photographic art

When I had gone to the Museum of photographic arts in Sept, I saw many amazing photographs but the one that I remember now as I write this and that stood out to me, was work by Jo Whaley. Her images of butterflies and the time she takes to bring together the photo with the medium of paint and work with different mediums to bring out a piece of art work as she does is quite inspiring and it makes me want to learn more about the process. My favorite part about her work are the colors that she uses. She uses a huge range from duller and older looking colors and images, to bright and radiant colors. I think she's just really interested in the small details of a butterfly from looking at her work and then possibly she's seemingly interested in the small details of bugs, because of the beatles in her work also. I like the way some people just breeze over the small things in life, and then some people stop to see the intricate details and bring them to our attention. Her work really focuses on the small things, that many people, including myself just don't have the time to stop and notice. Her work makes you want to take some time to see the small things we pass everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment